Beetroot, British asparagus & smoked salmon salad with a pepper dressing
This salad is a gorgeous starter for spring or summer, and the horseradish gives it a perfect kick against the soft silky asparagus, it’s a fab combination.
- Preparation Time:
- 5 - 10 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 5 mins
What you'll need:
- 1 pack (approx. 125g) British asparagus tips
- 135g watercress and salad leaves
- 100g smoked salmon
- 2 Sweet Chilli or Lime Zest infused beetroot from the infused beetroot ready-to-eat range
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 tbsp Rachel's Organic Natural Yogurt
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Black pepper to season
- 1 lemon, juiced
What to do:
- Place the British asparagus tips into a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile assemble the salad leaves and watercress onto 2 small plates and lay on the smoked salmon.
- Slice the beetroot and add to the salad. Then drain the British asparagus tips and lay on top of the salad.
- Finally mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad with lots of black pepper over the top. Finish with the lemon juice.
Infused beetroot ready-to-eat range is available in major retailers. Flavours include - Sweetfire Baby Beetroot (Tesco's Finest) / Sweet Chilli Rosebud Beetroot (M&S) / Red Wine Vinegar & Orange Blossom Honey (M&S) / Sweetfire Beetroot Wedges (Waitrose) / Juniper & Black Pepper in Red Wine Vinegar Baby Beetroot (Morrison's) / Lime Zest Baby Beetroot (Waitrose) / Juniper berry & Black Pepper Cocktail Beetroot (Sainsbury's) / Honey & Ginger Baby Beetroot (Asda)