Beetroot Pancakes with Eggs, Smoked Bacon & Maple Syrup
- 4, makes 12 small pancakes
- Preparation Time:
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 15 mins
What you'll need:
- 250g plain cooked (vacuum packed) beetroot, drained
- 225g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30g butter, melted & cooled
- 1tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300ml milk
- Sunflower oil for shallow frying
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked crisply
- Maple syrup, to taste
- 4 eggs, fried
What to do:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Pour ladles of the batter into the pan and cook until you start to see little bubbles on the surface - this will take a minute or two.
- Using a fish slice flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so. Transfer to a warm plate and cover tightly with foil. Continue until you have used all the batter.
- Serve hot with the eggs, bacon and plenty of maple syrup.